28 Dec OPEN CALL FOR PAID INTERNSHIPS AT EPO THROUGH PAN-EUROPEAN SEAL PROFESSIONAL TRAINEESHIP PROGRAM
European Patent Office – EPO provides an opportunity for a one-year paid internship for students who have completed their undergraduate studies at the University of Belgrade!
Thanks to the Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship program, of which the University of Belgrade is a member, excellent graduates of the University of Belgrade get a unique chance to gain work experience in a multicultural environment in important EU institutions whose main focus is intellectual property issues. The selected candidates will go through trainings, work on specific tasks in order to apply and prove the acquired knowledge, their work will be accompanied by experienced tutors, and the best ones will receive diplomas at a ceremony at the end of the internship.
The selected candidates will provide support to one of the organizational units: Science and Engineering, Human Resources and Business Administration, International Relations and Communication, Economics and Finance, Law. Candidates who have a degree in one of the following areas can apply for the internship:
- Mobility and Mechatronics,
- Healthcare, Biotechnology, and Chemistry,
- Information and Communication Technology, and
- Corporate Technical Areas.
The application procedure consists of two stages:
- The first round of applications refers to internal applications within each University that is a member of the Program. Interested candidates from the University of Belgrade can send their application in the period from 5 to 25 February 2022, on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should contain a CV and a cover letter (up to 1000 characters) in English. Based on the collected applications, and in accordance with the criteria obtained from the program coordinator, the University of Belgrade will form a list of selected candidates, who will be informed about the results of the selection by February 28, 2022.
- Candidates selected by the University of Belgrade are required to submit their online application by March 15, 2022, via a link that will be forwarded to them by the team of the Center for Technology Transfer of the University of Belgrade. When applying online, it is necessary to submit: a cover letter with a clearly indicated desired field of work, an updated biography, and a diploma of undergraduate/master studies with a final grade (this can be replaced by a provisional declaration until the final diploma is issued).
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a telephone/skype interview. The results of the selection will be known by the end of June, and the candidates will be informed about them by the end of June 2022 through the Center for Technology Transfer. Selected candidates are required to complete the following online courses and submit certificates of completion before starting the internship:
- Introduction to the European patent system (mandatory for all graduates);
- Using Cooperative Patent Classification (mandatory for science and engineering graduates only);
- The EPO as PCT authority (mandatory for all other graduates).
The internship will start on September 15, 2022.
More information is available here.